We live in a beautiful, broken world.
The nation is broken, the organizations within it are broken, the church is broken, and the individuals are broken. Sometimes I just feel so useless because I don't know how to express my faith in real actions; or am I just a cop-out when it comes to truly standing up for my beliefs? Therefore, I'm denying my savior. I desire for the gospel to infiltrate my heart so much that it just bubbles out of me--and I need to spend more time in the Word and studying and knowing how to defend my faith. Honestly, because I am an English major, I have become pretty good at making eloquent generalities without really saying anything at all. But the gospel does not need sugar-coating: Jesus came to set me free from guilt and sin, and through him I can defeat that sting of sin--and death! And yet, just like Paul, I can never understand why I continue to do the things that I do. And even so, the Lord is in control.
Praise Him that the brokenness is being restored, and will one day be perfected.
And that is beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment