Wednesday, June 3, 2009

News of the day

I would like to announce that I am writing a story, and I like it so far. I am not revealing it until it is complete, so I hope that you await it with anticipation, but don't wet your pants yet. It's gonna be good. I'll give you one sentence: "For some reason, 'Old Miss Mag' was a legend in town. Emmalyn had heard that her real name was Magnolia Taylor, but she hated her first name, and her last name was a constant reminder that she never married, so she didn't use either."
Ok, that's all I'm giving you for now...and it doesn't give much away, it's just to wet your appetite--I hope you're hungry. I'm hoping to finish it quickly...I was always afraid to write before because I thought I would find that I am no good at it. But I promise to attempt.

In other news, I had another meeting at Triton...I went there and talked to the principal a full FIVE minutes. It was ridiculous. He told me that he would like to have me...he's going to call my references soon and he will keep in touch and hopefully we can get this all straightened out in the next few weeks. There is still a hiring freeze, so not too much we can cut through there. But I was able to go spend time with my students and read The Odyssey...what fun! I really enjoyed being there for part of the day, and hopefully I can soon call it my home and have my own classroom there. It's where I want to be.

I'm going to start working at Food Lion again next week. Woowhee, here comes the summer. But I'm okay with that, it's a job and in my free time I can read and write and prepare for what's to come. Hopefully I can pull away some weekends for traveling to see the ones I love that are a bit far away..

No comments:

Post a Comment