Sonnet # 1
What if I told you I have fallen --
Would you leave me there alone?
When these lonely thoughts come callin',
I'm left shivering to the bone.
One night you hugged me tightly;
The next you forgot my existence --
Should I take these phonecalls lightly
Or ask my heart to feign resistance?
Can I forget the laughs we shared,
Or the times we spent conversing?
You became the one for whom I cared
But to you, I was a thought reversing.
"Just friends," those words I hate to hear;
They're posted on my face, I fear.
Would you leave me there alone?
When these lonely thoughts come callin',
I'm left shivering to the bone.
One night you hugged me tightly;
The next you forgot my existence --
Should I take these phonecalls lightly
Or ask my heart to feign resistance?
Can I forget the laughs we shared,
Or the times we spent conversing?
You became the one for whom I cared
But to you, I was a thought reversing.
"Just friends," those words I hate to hear;
They're posted on my face, I fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment